Monday, March 19, 2007

Texture

After I had studied about design elements in DIM 2 class, I found that there is one thing I haven’t known before, maybe I saw it but I did not know how to explain, It’s TEXTURE. Therefore, I spent some time to look at some image that I got before to find something related to the texture concept. Here they are:


Umair Ghani, Butterflies in the Wall [Wedding Against Will], viewed on March 14th 2007

Source

This picture looks like an old wall, to me, because of some fissures and dirty traces somewhere. This kind of texture makes the image look like it was created hundred years ago.


(From Internet, I don't remember where I got it)

The second image, again, is old, but now a wall anymore. It’s a book. The way the paper was designed is so interesting. When looking at it, I can imagine about the Chinese paper which was used a long time ago. Besides, the scene drawn there also looks like Chinese scene, such as the mountain, the pagoda in the hill.
The style of ancient Chinese has affected me a lot since I started reading books and watching films about them. It somehow looks romantic and free; they can release me from the busy of this world, especially the flute’s sound.



Next are two interesting images:

Mehmet Ozgur, Incensed-You are not alone, viewed on March, 14th, 2007

Source


Stephan Brauchli, Chicken?, viewed on March 17th 2007

Source

They make audience think of incense. I’m not sure whether it can be considered texture or not. However, if these 2 images are made by the normal way with normal lines and curves, they won’t have anything attractive.

Nobody

2 comments:

Justin Miller said...

Great examples for the use of texture in the first two pics. The next two remind me of an x-ray of some insect that is turning into dust at the same time.

s3140056 said...

great pics,where did u take them?