Monday, March 12, 2007

Compositions

Andrei Nacu, viewed on August 19th 2006


When I took a first look at this picture a long time ago, I liked it just because it looks emotional and different from others.
Now, when I re-see it, I find something more than that. This picture are certainly manipulated before appearing on Internet.

First of all, the Dominance and Subordination, the author used the dark color to present all elements in his art work: 2 people, an area outside them and an area looks like the scene outside the window. When we first look at it, we tend to see the scene outside the window first, because it's a little bit lighter so it attracts our views. Moreover, the scene where two people are located is put in the up side of center area, so again it dominates the audience's attentions.

Second, the Positive and Negative space, here, the positive place is the shape of two people and the negative space is the scene outside the window. The black area under and around a couple could be considered as both negative and positive spaces. When looking at the picture, I can determine the black area as a room, so it's positive place for me, but it could be nothing for other audiences. Furthermore, the negative space, here, is the scene outside the window, plays a role of making the balance of the art work, also, it's function is to attract people's views. That's the interesting point I like this picture.

Third, the Rule of Third, I have tried to do a little thing on this image after studied about Proportion in DIM2 class. Here is the result:


To conclude, this image had a few things specially which caught my attention of it. In design principle, it has a dominance element, an extraordinary combination of positive and negative place, the proportion - one of elements that can make beauties. In the sentiment field, I find this image is presenting the serious atmosphere between the man and the woman. It could be a break up, could be an argument. Overall, it's sad like my emotion in this time...



Nobody

2 comments:

Li said...

You can practice our lesson very well.
The negative space, dominance and the posture of that couple make me feel nervous because of the serious atmostphere. And I think it's an abstract image.

s3140056 said...

ack,you aply the lecture so fast,can you create something by yourself